(2-6-19) As millions of Americans brave subzero temperatures and perpetual snowfall, Pompano Beach, Florida, remains a warm, sunny, and peaceful tropical paradise. Snowbirds and tourists alike choose Pompano Beach for our pristine beaches, delicious local cuisine, and exhilarating underwater adventures, but our live music scene is noteworthy as well. An array of world-famous musicians are slated to bring their unique talents to Pompano Beach over the coming months. Beach Vacation Rentals not only has charming Pompano Beach vacation rentals within minutes of the Atlantic’s sandy shores, but we’re a short distance from the area’s best live music venues.
Pompano Beach Amphitheatre
If a big name in the music industry chooses our tropical paradise for a concert, they usually book a date at the Pompano Beach Amphitheatre (also known as “The Amp”). The Amp is undoubtedly the best outdoor music venue in Pompano Beach thanks to its stadium-style seating, large bandshell, and delicious cuisine provided by local vendors and food trucks. In fact, The Amp was recently named the “Best Outdoor Concert Venue” in Florida by TravelPulse. There’s nothing quite like watching a live performance accompanied by colorful stage lights, ideal weather, and bright stars high above. In the last two years, music lovers were able to sing along with Willie Nelson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Avett Brothers, O.A.R., and Daughtry. We also recommend checking the upcoming music calendars at the Pompano Beach Cultural Center, Historic Ali Cultural Arts (“Soulful Sundays” and “Jazz on the Boulevard”), and Bailey Contemporary Arts (bi-weekly “Lyrics Lab”).
Broward Center for the Performing Arts
The gorgeous Broward Center in nearby Fort Lauderdale is the best indoor concert hall in the area, approximately ten miles south of our Pompano Beach vacation rentals. If you’re searching for a live concert in short notice, the Broward Center is your best bet. This deluxe venue will host these upcoming acts: Michael Bolton, Lucinda Williams, NEEDTOBREATHE, Jeff Tweedy, and Weird Al Yankovic. Besides alluring world-class musicians from several genres, the Broward Center provides attendees with a genuinely lavish experience. This world-class, state-of-the-art facility has a first-rate sound system, and there isn’t a bad seat in the house. You’ll also be able to enjoy full bars and sizable lounges.
Pompano Beach Bars and Restaurants
Pompano Beach has an abundance of lively bars and award-winning restaurants that feature live music – many of which are within walking distance of our Pompano Beach vacation rentals. Below you’ll find a short list of our favorite local music hot spots. Click the links below for more information:
- Brendan’s Sports Pub – Live bands on Saturday nights.
- Brew Fish Bar & Grill – Live music during Sunday brunch (11 a.m.-3 p.m.) and on Friday nights (6-9 p.m.).
- Briny Irish Pub – Live bands and DJs every night except Mondays.
- Captain Jack’s Tiki Bar – Live music on Saturday (3-6 p.m.) and Sunday (4-7 p.m.).
- Galuppi’s – Golf course patio bar with “Acoustic Happy Hours,” tribute bands, and local musicians.
- Sands Harbor Patio Bar – Live entertainment every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Spanx the Hog BBQ & Saloon – Live music on Friday and Saturday.
- Sunset Catch – Local dance bands several nights a week!
- Umberto’s – Live music and dancing on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- The Vega Lounge – Live music on Saturdays starting at 9 p.m.
- 26 Degree Brewing Company – Live music on Friday and Saturday (6-8 p.m.). Open mic nights on every third Monday.
Pompano Beach Festivals
Pompano Beach is also home to regular festivals, which include hours of potential live music under the sun (and indoors) at these spectacular events:
- Old Town Untapped – A free outdoor event that reoccurs on the first Friday of each month. It celebrates local craft beer with live bands, artist booths, food trucks, and free beer samples.
- Music Under the Stars – Another free outdoor concert event taking place every second Friday (7-9 p.m.) on the Great Lawn at the intersection of Atlantic Boulevard and Pompano Beach Boulevard.
- Winter Concert Series – An extensive lineup of tribute bands and comedians at the Emma Lou Olsen Civic Center. The tributes include The Beatles, Barbara Streisand, Whitney Houston, and so many more!
- Pompano Beach Seafood Festival – Three nights and two days of non-stop live music, including JJ Grey & Mofro, Starship, The Resolvers, and Gary King. There will also be nearly a dozen tribute bands covering the likes of Aerosmith, Eagles, Rush, Grateful Dead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and so many more!
Charming Pompano Beach Vacation Rentals
Beach Vacation Rentals has dozens of South Florida vacation rentals within minutes of Pompano Beach Pier, delicious local cuisine (including Sunset Catch), and fun music venues. Give us a call today at 1-954-283-1111 to book a well-deserved vacation to peaceful Pompano Beach!