(2/24/14) • Publix rebuilt and opened a state-of-the-art supermarket at its old location on Atlantic Blvd. Enjoy remarkable food selection and garage parking…no need to load your car in the rain!
• Whole Foods is under construction on Federal Highway at Copans Road, on the old Kmart site.
• Marriott opened a brand new hotel and conference center with 219 rooms on the ocean, just south of 14th Street. Great place for a wedding or convention!
• Shops and restaurants all along the Atlantic Boulevard corridor to the beach underwent facade improvements for a pedestrian-friendly, trendy village atmosphere. New, wide sidewalks, pavered crosswalks, heavy plantings and attractive street furniture add to the fresh, vibrant look. Utility wires are buried and we now await designer style street lamps.
• The new state-of-the-art Dog Park, Canine Corner, is wildly successful on the corner of Federal Highway (US1) and NE 10th Street, next to the public golf course. Separate fenced play areas for big and little dogs. FREE!
• Pompano’s Green Market is bigger than ever and open every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the SW corner of Atlantic Blvd and Cypress Road by City Hall. Shop for farm-fresh produce and authentic Old Pompano baked goods and handicrafts.
• The main runway at the City’s historic Air Park is now 500 feet longer to accommodate a larger class of private jets. How convenient when you stay at a Beach Vacation Rentals property!
• Pompano Beach’s historic district is being rebuilt, as a quaint center for restaurants, pubs and galleries. Soon to open is the historic Bailey Hotel, converted to working artist lofts, art supply store and gallery. The trendy 32 East restaurant (of Delray Beach) signed a lease to open here. Other unique additions will include a Commercial Kitchen and a hydroponics center.